The Kenya Agricultural Value Chain Enterprises (USAID – KAVES) is a five – year project funded by the United State Agency for International Development with the goal of increasing the productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers and other actors along dairy, horticulture, and staple crop value chains, in so doing improving food security and improving nutrition.
USAID – KAVES is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Maize and Staples Specialist, to be based in Kisumu.
The candidate will manage and coordinate the implementation of project activities by subcontractors and stakeholders to achieve project objectives in the Maize and staples value chains.
Qualification, experience and key skills
- Holder of a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Agriculture Economics or Agribusiness Management with a strong inclination to staples.
- Demonstrate strong statistical data analysis skills, strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Preferably with a private sector background.
- Possess over 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- A team player with good leadership skills in the maize value chain.
How to Apply