Seeking: Close out Interns (2), Engineering Intern (1), Front Office Intern (1), and Grants Intern (1)
(Contract to run through 30thJune 2016)
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) Program: The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to promote stability and community cohesion, and to strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The TIS program is currently seeking skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated interns in the Engineering, Administration, Grants and Finance department to aid in the close out process for the program.
The interns will work closely with DAI’s functional teams that support the above program objectives to ensure adherence to closedown procedures as well as USAID & DAI rules and regulations.
These positions will be based in Nairobi
- Work with the program, grant, finance, procurement, HR and administration teams to develop close-out work plans, schedules and timetables
- Review and audit grant, operations and contract files for consistency and compliance with USAID and DAI rules and regulations
- Document and record audits and reviews of files
- Ensure audited files are consistent and complete and comply with USAID and DAI requirements
- Organize the transfer and disposition of project inventory to local partners
- Organize and record complete archives are batched and sent to Home Office
- Follow close-out work plans, schedules and timetables to ensure timely completion of file reviews and audits
- Complete day to day reviews and audits of files and report any issues or gaps as identified
- Support and assist the transfer and disposition of project inventory to local partners
- Collect and archive all required documents, photographs and multi-media files
- Ensure that complete batches of project deliverables and files, are archived in electronic and hard copy format for shipment to the Home Office
Qualifications and skills sought:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Audit,Commerce ,Engineering or any related field
- 1 year of professional work experience in audit or in a similar role highly preferred.
- Previous experience with auditing, logistics or operations management will be an added advantage
- Ability to develop close out work plans, schedules and timetables with all functional units
- Previous experience in reviewing and auditing grant, operations and contract files for consistency and compliance in line with USAID rules and regulations
- Excellent in documenting ,reviewing of files and recording audits
- Good attention to detail and methodical working style required
- Previous experience working on USAID funded projects is an advantage
How to Apply
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
- If so, please send
- (1) a CV that includes 3 references in PDF format
- (2) A cover letter explaining why you are eligible for the position,
- (3) A filled and signed copy of the 1420 bio data form which can be downloaded from http://www.usaid.gov/forms
- Forward your application to [email protected] and copy [email protected]
- Closing date: Tuesday, 29th March, 2016.
- Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Please put the position you are applying for as the email subject.