Job Title: Communication Officer
Project: Resiliency through Wealth, Agriculture, and Nutrition in Karamoja (RWANU)
Funding Source: USAID
Reports to: Chief of Party
About USAID RWANU Project:
ACDI/VOCA is an international NGO that is currently implementing the USAID-funded PL 480 Title II Development Food Assistance Program entitled “Resiliency through Wealth, Agriculture, and Nutrition in Karamoja (RWANU).” The RWANU Program aims to reduce food insecurity among vulnerable rural populations in selected sub-counties of Amudat, Moroto, Napak and Nakapiripirit. The Program’s strategic objectives are (1) improved availability and access to food and (2) reduced malnutrition in pregnant and lactating mothers and children under five. The RWANU Program takes a preventive approach to reducing malnutrition, focusing on the first 1,000 days of life when conditional food rations will have the highest impact. RWANU promotes diversified livelihoods strategies including linkages to market opportunities to ensure long-term food security and resilience to food insecurity shocks.
Job Summary: The Communication Officer will support the USAID Project and act as the focal point for weekly reporting as well as being the primary writer of success stories, and articulating the impact of the project to a range of stakeholders. The position will work collaboratively with section heads to develop project documentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reporting & Information:
• Ensure overall quality and coherence of the program’s branding, marking and communications initiatives.
• Offer timely support to the COP and the project team for the development/review/revision of project information.
• Provide support in developing/reviewing/revising ongoing, regular and ad hoc program reports, success stories, vignettes, “urgent taskers”, and newsletters to document USAID/RWANU Program activities, best practices, lessons learned, successes, challenges and opportunities.
2. Monitoring & Evaluation Reporting: assist in developing/reviewing/revising program reports, work plans, and other project-related reporting tasks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences with Journalism, Mass Communications and similar courses.
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience in developing targeted reporting and communication plans for diverse cultural and social audiences required.
• Proven experience in documenting results for donors, government officials, and other influential stakeholders required.
• Familiarity with USAID, or similar donors
• Excellent computer skills, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential, and use of software to provide graphic enhancement
• Ability to work independently to achieve performance objectives and deliverables required and willingness to work in Karamoja for 50% of the time.
• Ability to write clearly and precisely in English; knowledge of local project languages (Ngakaramajong; Pokot) will be preferred
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who desire to work in the USAID RWANU Project should send their applications (only by e-mail) addressed to the Human Resources Manager attaching their application letters and CV to [email protected]
NB: Women are encouraged to apply as ACDI/ VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline: 11th September 2015