Seeking: Electrical Technician with solar streetlights experience
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program: The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict, promote stability and community cohesion, and strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The TIS program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Electrical Technician.
The Electrical Technician will work full-time on grants.
The Electrical technician will work closely with the Engineer, the field-based Project Advisor, Field Coordinators, Procurement, Finance, and other functional teams, as well as USAID, local government officials, and community leaders to support the above noted program objectives.
The work of the Electrical Technician requires detailed knowledge of Somali culture solar installation and construction management, highly developed collaboration and networking skills and the exercise of discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility.
This position will be based in Erigavo.
- Ensure that the constructions are executed as per the specifications in the bid documents
- Waa in uu xaqiijiyo hab dhismeedka asagoo tixraacayo naqshada kuqoran booka
- Ensure that the constructions are carried out in line with the approved program of works to ensure timely completion of the construction.
- Waa in uu xaqiijiyo sidu looqananaayo hab dhismeedka kuaadan barnaamijka shaqada In uu xaqiijiyo damaashadka xiliga qandaraaska
- Measure of value of works executed to aid in approval of contractor’s payment
- Cabiro howlgalka shaqada laqabtay siduu u caawiyo soo deynta lacagta qandaraaslaha
- Ensure the environmental mitigation measures as detailed in the environmental review report are complied.
- Xaqiiyo in uu hagaajiyo kahortaga saameynta jawiga/ dhirta sida kuqoran formka xer ilaalinda nadaafada.
- Document possible causes of delays or problems in the site and notify the TIS DAI Engineer of such delays/problems in advance
- Qoraal kasameyn xarqaladka keenta dhib uridka ama dhibaatda gudaha goobta Dhismada , waa in uu lasooxirirta Injineerka DAI
- Liaise with Erigavo District Administration in monitoring the works and in responding to any technical questions regarding the constructions that TIS DAI might have regarding the implementation of the constructions
- Laxerir mamulka Degmada Erigavo hab qeymeynta shaqada adiga oo gudbinaayo suaalo tikniKalka ah oo kusaabsan qandaraaska
- Prepare and submit weekly progress report
- Diyaarin iyo gudbin taranka shaqada sbuuc kasta
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor -TIS Engineer
- Iyo shaqo kasto oo kuguwajaho kormeeraha –Injineerka Heyada
- Minimum Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Three – Five years of progressively responsible professional experience.
- Experience in working on electrical work especially street lights and solar installations
- Experience in program development, reporting, budgeting, networking highly sought.
- Must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
- English and Somali language fluency required.
- Must be a Somali National.
- Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
If so, please send
(1) a CV that includes 3 references in PDF format
(2) A cover letter explaining why you are eligible for the position,
(3) A filled and signed copy of the 1420 bio data form which can be downloaded from http://www.usaid.gov/forms
How to Apply
Closing date: Saturday, 22nd August 2015.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please put Electrical Technician as the email subject.