Seeking: Procurement / Logistics Officer
(Contract to run through 22nd March 2016 with possibility of extension)
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) Program: The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict, promote stability and community cohesion, and strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals. The TIS program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Procurement/Logistics Officer.
As our Procurement and Logistics Officer, you will work closely with the operations coordination and all other TIS functional teams to include and not limited to the program and grants team, the program grantees and vendors to support the above-referenced program objectives.
The work of Procurement / Logistics Officer requires detailed knowledge and Somalia experience, highly developed collaboration and networking skills and the exercise of discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility.
• University degree in Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, International Relations, International Development or appropriate field.
• Minimum four (4) years relevant experience in a similar position, with specific focus on local/international procurement, clearing & forwarding, VAT, Somalia laws and regulations, fleet management, insurance and inventory/stock/supplies management, development and control.
• Previous experience with USAID funded program, International or local NGOs is preferred.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior government personnel, colleagues, donor partners, private sector, and other actors that may be involved in the overall implementation of the project
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a multicultural team.
• Functional competencies required: effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative analytical thinker, active learner, team player and cross cultural facilitator
• Working knowledge of MS Office and Internet applications, Microsoft Outlook, Access and PowerPoint.
• Fluency in English, Knowledge of Somali is preferred
How to Apply
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
(1) a CV
(2) current position and salary history and
(3) three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
Closing date: Wednesday, 21st October 2015.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please put the subject for the position you are applying for.
WOMEN STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.