Seeking: Procurement Manager
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) Program: The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict, promote stability and community cohesion, and strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The TIS program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Procurement Manager.
S/he will work with the Operations Manager, Senior Grants Manager, Nairobi and Field Based Procurement/Logistics Teams to ensure TIS is compliant, open and accountable for all activity and operational procurements in Kenya and Somalia.
Ensuring value for money and identifying efficiencies s/he will oversee all aspects of procurement/logistics including prequalification, vendor surveys, delivery of goods and services, bidding and quotations, evaluation, contract management, and train/mentor staff.
This position will be based in Nairobi with frequent travel to Somalia.
- Manages and responsible for the Procurement/Logistics teams on all related issues including training, mentoring, reviewing documentation, allocation of tasks, scheduling meetings, oversight and compliance
- Ensures all activity and operational procurements are planned and executed including, the preparation of solicitations, review and oversight of evaluation and award management and the verification of goods and service delivery
- Ensures all local, regional, and international procurements are time orientated, needs based, specific, offer value for money and competitive
- Coordinates with the Financial Manager on all financial matters relating to activity and operational procurements and payments
- Develops and updates procurement systems, processes and guidelines in compliance with USAID regulations and DAI policies.
- Maintains appropriate documentation related to all procurements.
- Maintains the project inventory and associated systems and processes.
- Other duties as assigned that are consistent with overall focus of the assignment.
- Three to five years of experience working on USAID funded projects is preferred
- Five years of progressively responsible professional experience are required
- University degree in Political Science, International Relations, International Development, International Business, Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related field.
- Experience as a team manager overseeing procurement processes required
- Previous experience working in Somalia preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships essential.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex processes under pressure is essential.
- English language fluency required. Somali language fluency highly desirable.
How to Apply
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
If so, please send
(1) a CV in PDF format, including 3 references
(2) A cover letter explaining why you are eligible for, and want the position
(3) A filled and signed copy of the 1420-17 biographical data form which can be downloaded from http://www.usaid.gov/forms
Closing date: August 19, 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity.