Applications are invited for Ushio Foundation Scholarships to study at the University of Tokyo in Japan. Chinese students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The University of Tokyo aims to be a world-class platform for research and education, contributing to human knowledge in partnership with other leading global universities. The University of Tokyo aims to nurture global leaders with a strong sense of public responsibility and a pioneering spirit, possessing both deep specialist and broad knowledge.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Amount: 120,000 JPY per month
Duration: Up to 2 years for Master’s students, and 3 years for PhD students, if awarded from the time of enrollment.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Chinese nationals with a “college student” visa, studying in Japan as a graduate student as of April 2017.
- Those who are not receiving financial aid.
- Privately financed international students.
- Those who are able to submit two recommendation letters from two professors.
- Those who can communicate in Japanese.
Nationality: Chinese students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following documents directly to the address stated at the bottom of the guideline:
- Application form (Foundation specified)
- Recommendation form (Foundation specified)
- Personal financial statement
- Academic transcript (most recent)
- The copy of a residence card, both front and back sides needed.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is May 8, 2017.