Project Accountant Job At USIU
Project Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with project managers and university management regarding contract documents, contract modifications and approvals.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and budgets.
- Communicate and coordinate with project managers and donors on various project-related issues
- Prepare accurate financial reports in line with the approved budget on a monthly basis to university management and project managers
- Monitor project funds balances to ensure there is no unauthorized over-expenditure.
- Provide ad hoc reports as may be required by the project managers or university management
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reportsto university management and project managers
- Prepare invoicesfrom various projects for approval by the Chief Accountant
- Follow up payments from various projects
- Compile information for internal and external auditors as required.
Qualifications For Project Accountant Job
- An undergraduate degree in business administration (accounts), commerce or a related field from an accredited university.
- Certified Public Accountant– Kenya (CPA-K) /Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- At least 2 years’ working experience in a busy accounting office
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient in use of accounting software and wide exposure to all accounting aspects
- Knowledge of IAS’s and IFRS’s
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision
- Ability to meet set targets and timely deadlines
- Flexible to adapt to changing work conditions and assignment
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Wednesday, September 23rd, 2015 Head of Human Resources, United States International University P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya Email: [email protected] or [email protected]