Librarian Acquisitions Employment At USIU In Kenya
Librarian Acquisitions Job Responsibilities
- Administration and management of the Acquisitions Section.
- Supervises and appraises the section’s staff.
- Develops and updates policies, procedures and practices for the procurement and processing of information resources.
- Develops the section’s budgets, reports and operational manuals.
- Coordinates the selection of information resources by Faculty and senior librarians.
- Procures information resources from local and foreign suppliers.
- Liaises with suppliers, government agencies and clearing agents to ensure that import/export regulations are observed.
- Ensures verification of received stocks and invoices.
- Coordinates the training and appraisal of work-study students, interns and students attached to the section.
- Coordinates weeding and stock-taking of library books.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications For Librarian Acquisitions Job
- A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an accredited university.
Minimum Professional Experience
- 5 years of relevant experience preferably in an institution of higher learning, with at least 3 years’ experience in an acquisitions environment Competencies
- Working knowledge of library information systems & Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy skills
- Administrative/managerial/organizational skills.
How to Apply
- If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.Interested applicants must provide a cover letter (including salary expectations) and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by Wednesday, 8 June 2016: Human Resources Director United States International University – Africa P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya Tel: 0730 116 257/608 Email: [email protected] *If you had previously applied for any of the listed positions, please do not re-apply. USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer. Education to take you places.