Research Associate Job At USIU In Kenya
Research Associate – Mobile Applications & Innovations
Research Associate Job Responsibilities
- Assist students in developing mobile applications for Android, iOS, BlackBerry and other platforms.
- Assist students in uploading their finished mobile applications to Google Play Store, Samsung App Store etc.
- Assist students in mobile applications projects for competitions.
- Assist faculty in developing mobile applications for Android, iOS, BlackBerry and other platforms.
- Assist faculty in uploading their finished mobile applications in Google Play Store, Samsung Apps Store etc.
- Assist faculty in ongoing projects in Center for Informatics Research and Innovation (CIRI) on mobile learning content development.
- Assist faculty and students in mobile games development and research especially those with educational orientation.
- Assist faculty and students in mobile geo-location application development and research especially those with educational orientation and those that offer solutions to social problems.
- Monitor state-of-the-art research and app development areas in the mobile market.
- Promote innovation in the use of M-Learning content development through user training and research on new applications and offer mobile app development advice accordingly.
Qualifications For Research Associate Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited university PLUS a rich portfolio of mobile application development projects.
Minimum Professional Experience
- A demonstrable portfolio of playing a key role in the development of at least 5 commercially-viable complete and/or deployed mobile applications/technology based products, Three of which must be applications running on an Android phone AND an Android tablet.
- Integrity coupled with a high degree of confidentiality;
- Game programming in android languages (iOS, Blackberry and Windows Phone will be an added advantage);
- Database programming skills in mobile platforms;
- Knowledge of backend server database programming;
- Proficiency in programming Java, C++, J2M2, Android;
- Languages (iOS, BlackBerry and Windows Phone will be an added advantage);
- Knowledge of frameworks for mobile application development such as PhoneGap, FlashLight, and JavaFX;
- Proficiency in mobile web application development skills in HTML5;
- Knowledge of mobile content development in education;
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Exemplary communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Analytical skills
How to Apply
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter (including salary expectations) and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by Wednesday, 8 June 2016: Human Resources Director United States International University – Africa P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya Tel: 0730 116 257/608 Email: [email protected] *If you had previously applied for any of the listed positions, please do not re-apply. USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer. Education to take you places.