Job Title: Branch Manager
Organisation: ABC Capital Bank Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Operations
ABC Capital Bank started its journey in 1993, as a deposit taking financial institution then trading by the name Capital Finance Corporation Limited. Licensed and supervised by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act 2004, Capital Finance Corporation Limited offered a wide range of products such as savings accounts, business accounts, fixed deposits, business loans services and remittances through Western Union money transfer agency. ABC Capital Bank is part of ABC Group, Kenya and has ambitious growth plans.
Job Summary: The Branch Manager will oversee the following at the Branch;
- Manage Sales
- Grow Personal Banking Business through achievement of projected targets and budgets, both in number and value; through effective management and leadership of the sales; and development of sales growth strategies and opportunities.
- Maintain high Service Delivery Standards
- Manage operational and business risks and costs to maximise profitability
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and coordinate Branch business plans, policies and procedures as approved by the Board
- Implement the Bank’s Operations Manual
- Ensure that the Bank complies with operational statutory requirements
- Actively participate in the preparation of Branch budget and targets
- Drawing strategies to develop and increase sales volumes
- Maintaining an aggressive customer calling program
- Organizing open days and product fairs to promote sales growth
- Regularly monitor sales growth and prepare monthly reports
- Retaining existing customers by maintaining high standards of customer service delivery and building customer loyalty
- Provide leadership, direction and pace to the branch team
- Proactively manage costs by monitoring expenditure against productivity and budgets
- Verify physical cash balances in the safe and manage its replenishment
- Manage operational risk for the branch to prevent losses and other associated risks
- Verify physical cash holdings to be deposited in the Treasury
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management.
Key Performance Indicators:-
- Successful implementation and operationalization of new products at the
- Customer satisfaction rating.
- Employee satisfaction.
- Employee retention index
- Reduction of costs within operations.
- Reduction of frauds
- Good audit ratings.
- Measure service against set standards.
- At least 3 trainings per staff annually.
- Improvement on Branch productivity.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the ABC Capital Bank Branch Manager career placement should hold a University degree in either Marketing or Business Management
- Excellent track record in the delivery of business targets
- Knowledge of SME products and understanding of credit and liability products
- A minimum of six years working experience, three of which must have been in a bank in a management role
- Full knowledge of Bank’s products
- Good knowledge of banking and financial market in Uganda
- Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
The ideal candidates are encouraged to send their applications including a signed cover letter, CV and three reputable references to [email protected]
Deadline: 21st December 2016