The University of Western Australia is offering International Master’s by Coursework scholarships to high-achieving Indian students. Scholarships are awarded within the School of Design, School of Humanities, Music, Social Sciences, Business School, Law School, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Health and Medical Sciences and Science.
The international master’s by coursework scholarship program is awarded to students who have demonstrated academic excellence in relevant undergraduate studies at an overseas institution and will undertake master’s by coursework studies commencing in 2017 or 2018.
The University of Western Australia is a public research university in the Australian state of Western Australia. The QS World Rankings has given us its highest rating possible – 5 Stars+ – and we rank in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to enroll full-time in an eligible master by coursework degree.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the School of Design, School of Humanities, Music, Social Sciences, Business School, Law School, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Health, and Medical Sciences and Science.
Scholarship Award: The value of the scholarship awarded will be determined by the academic achievement of the applicant, and will be awarded over three levels.
|FEE REDUCTION||LEVEL 1
AUD $3000 PER YEAR
AUD $5000 PER YEAR
AUD $7000 PER YEAR
|NOOSR Section 1 University||Equivalent WAM of 65% – 69.99% or GPA 7.0 – 7.4 on a 10 point scale||Equivalent WAM of 70% – 74.99% or GPA 7.5 – 7.9 on a 10 point scale||Equivalent WAM of 75% – 79.99% or GPA 8.0 – 8.4 on a 10 point scale|
|NOOSR Section 2 University||Equivalent WAM of 70% – 74.99% or GPA 7.5 – 7.9 on a 10 point scale||Equivalent WAM of 75% – 79.99% or GPA 8.0 – 8.4 on a 10 point scale||Equivalent WAM of 80% – 84.99% or GPA 8.5 – 8.9 on a 10 point scale|
|NOOSR Section 3 University||Equivalent WAM of 75% – 79.99% or GPA 8.0 – 8.4 on a 10 point scale||Equivalent WAM of 80% – 84.99% or GPA 8.5 – 8.9 on a 10 point scale||Equivalent WAM of 85% – above or GPA 9.0 or above on a 10 point scale|
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants are required to meet the conditions to enrol full-time in an eligible master’s by coursework degree as an international student in 2017 or 2018;
- Be a new student to The University of Western Australia;
- Be a citizen of India
- Students will be required to indicate acceptance of their offer and the scholarship no more than two weeks after issue date;
- For GPA assessment, the mark calculated by the applicant’s undergraduate university over the full degree is used to determine eligibility;
- For non-GPA transcripts, a percentage for the final two years, including all failed attempts is used to determine eligibility. The marks achieved from all units attempted are added and then divided by the total marks achievable. The result is then multiplied by 100 to calculate the percentage for the purposes of these scholarships.
- The scholarship will be offered for the duration of the course as stated on the University’s offer letter, with the expectation that a student will undertake a 100% load (usually 48 points per year) and will not be extended if a student fails to complete with the stated time. Where credit is awarded and impacts on the load taken, the University will consider these instances on an individual basis;
- The scholarship is conditional on a formal assessment and written offer from the University’s admissions team in Perth.
Nationality: Students from India are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have undergraduate degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants to the University are automatically considered and do not need to submit a separate application for this scholarship.
Apply for entry to an eligible course through the My Application portal for international students.
Application Deadline: Applications are open for application.