UWEZO MICROFINANCE CREDIT ANALYST JOB– CA/08/17/UMBHRD
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Credit Manager, the job holder will be responsible for undertaking credit appraisals in order to ensure a quality loan book.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure proper documentation is availed for all for all credit applications.
- Extensive analysis of financials of the borrowers in their Balance sheet, P&L accounts, Cash flow and funds flow statements, satisfactorily establishing their financial credentials.
- Prepare credit reports, statutory returns, manage risk and ensure compliance with bank’s credit policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all security documents are perfected
- Analyzes and evaluates loan applications (financial data, credit reports, including ratio and trend analysis, peer/industry comparison, pricing review, and Cash Analysis). Also, review and analyze the financial condition of any guarantors.
- Prepares narrative analysis of findings and presents the same for approval to Management or Credit Committee.
- Identifies problems, potential problems with credit information obtained and coordinate with the necessary party to resolve the problems.
- Bank’s lending policies and identify exceptions and non-compliance with loan covenants while performing credit analysis.
- Stays informed regarding UWEZO’s loan policy, changes in lending standards, and related legal requirements.
- Analyze credit and financial information (e.g., credit reports, tax returns, financial statements, etc.) to determine risk involved in lending money to Small and Medium Scale Enterprise, and individual borrowers
- Compare items such as liquidity and profitability with borrower’s peers.
- Underwrite loan applications including credit approval reports, credit analysis results and loan request summaries.
- In collaboration with the Team Leader, establishes high standards of credit analysis and ensure adherence to the same at all times.
- Conduct risk profiles of various business sectors to act as guidance in assessments of related credit applications.
- Run and Analyze credit concentration reports and advise the bank on measures to be taken in order to avoid high credit concentrations in particular business sectors and minimize UWEZO’s credit risk exposures to such sectors.
- Ensures that lending policies and procedures, including sector concentration limits are adhered to.
- In collaboration with all credit staff, ensures due handling of customer agreements
- Analyses the loan book in terms of credit risk exposures to the bank and provides advice on courses of action for individual facilities.
- Provides credit risk reports depending on the area of operation on weekly basis to the Team Leader.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, or Economics or other relevant studies from a reputable University.
- Professional qualifications such as CPA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in credit analysis or similar analytical role in Micro and SME lending environment, debt collection and recovery.
- Possess effective presentation and communication skills, report writing and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities, highly numerate and inquisitive.
- Should be able to work with tight delivery schedules to ensure quick turnaround time and lucid and error free presentation.
- Initiative, high integrity and dependability.
- Ability to work independently, consult and clarify where necessary and make informed and firm decisions.
- Practical Commercial Credit Analysis experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of internal micro finance operations and loan sales strategy
- Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis and determination of credit worthiness.
- Knowledge of credit policies and procedures.
- Understanding of general accounting methods.
- Familiarity with loan documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of micro-finance and banking industry.
- Intermediate skills in personal computer operation, word processing and spread sheet software..
- Ability to set and deliver business goals specifically in the areas of portfolio quality and profitability.
- Knowledge in performance, and risk managementStrong analytical, influencing and negotiating skills
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified and interested candidates who meet the requirements should download this Job Application Form fill and send their applications to [email protected] so as to reach us on or before 25th August 2017.
If you do not hear from us it means you were not shortlisted.