UWEZO MIXROFINANCE OPERATIONS MANAGER JOB – OP/08/17/UMBHRD
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide operations support to the branch by directing Operations activities with focus on providing world-class customer service
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties may vary between retail and corporate and commercial banking and may include:
- To ensure that Branch maintains adequate supply of both local and foreign currency.
- To ensure that cash holding limits are maintained both in reserve and with the cashier’s tills.
- To ensure that the ATM machine is well serviced with dispensable (new) notes.
- To authorize cash payments and withdrawals above the Cash Managers limits.
- To ensure that cash held is adequately insured at all times.
- Control and maintain reserve cash within approved limits for the branch
- Ensure that cash vouchers together with relevant cash summaries for the day are forwarded to the operations center for use in validation next day.
- Take stock of cash in the safe and ensure that soiled notes and excess local or foreign currency in reserve is repatriated.
- Make follow up on any cash related suspense entries.
- Ensure that cashiers balance their cash against cash analysis reports on daily basis.
- Ensure preparation of the overall cash summary on daily basis.
- Ensure that the cash held by cashiers, including ATM cash account and the reserve tallies with the balances reflected on the respective general ledger accounts on daily basis.
- Provide quality service and Sales support to customers through the training and development of Operations staff.
- Ensure the operating procedures are being followed, and provide guidance and training to branch personnel on operations problems, handling of exceptions and adjustments.
- Implementation of corrective measures as recommended in Audit/ Manager Operational Excellence reports.
- Periodic review of Operations and initiation of changes to improve on performance.
- Maintenance of Deposit Accounts e.g. signature scanning, amendments etc.
- Safe custody services.
- Solve problems relating to Operations
- Responsible for expenses in the branch
- Responsible for budgeting for the branch
- Responsible for general staff administration in Operation
- Authorize amendments to Savings Bank, Current and Fixed Deposit Accounts.
- Ensure that customer requests for cheque books are handled expeditiously
- Confirm that received cheque books and draft forms from suppliers/printers agree with the requisition and dispatch notes and that the books/drafts forms serial numbers are in sequence.
- Authorize non-cash transactions emanating from the departments inline with approved limits above the Departmental Manager’s limits.
- Other duties and functions that may be assigned by management/supervisor from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant studies from a reputable University.
- Accounting professional qualification would be an added advantage
- Experience of 3 years in an Operations Position
- Initiative, high integrity and dependability.
- Excellent public relations, interpersonal & communication skills with excellent customer service.
- Knowledge in handling customers
- Experience in a financial sector will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in computers
- Knowledge of Operations policies and procedures.
- A team player with the drive to improve performance
- Good sales and marketing skills
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified and interested candidates who meet the requirements should download this Job Application Form fill and send their applications to [email protected] so as to reach us on or before 25th August 2017.
If you do not hear from us it means you were not shortlisted.