NLC GRADE 7, FOUR (4) POSTS)
This position is responsible for providing conveyancing and valuation activities in the Valuation and Taxation Directorate.
Gross Salary Scale for The position of Valuation and Taxation Officer (Min Kshs. 65,000 – Max Kshs. 95,000)
Duties for the Valuation & Taxation Officer Job
- Direct valuation enquiries to appropriate officers.
- File valuation reports and update valuation registers/cards.
- Write valuation awards in accordance with provides schedules.
- Custody of acquisition maps and plans.
- Measure developments in the field during inspections for valuations.
- Undertake searches at various County Land Registry offices for valuation purposes.
- Deliver valuation correspondence to acquiring agencies
Valuation & Taxation Officer Job Requirements
For Appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Economics or Real Estate from a recognized institution.
- Technical member of Institute of Surveyors of Kenya.
- Must have served as a Real Estate Valuer for at least 3 years in public or private sectors.
- Proficient in Computer application
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
How to Apply
Candidates should attach all documents to the application form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
National Land Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution -Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and Persons Living With Disabilities. Therefore, People with Disabilities, the Marginalized and the Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, Academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present clearance certificates from the following institutions:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission -EACC
Kenya Revenue Authority -KRA
Credit Reference Bureau -CRB
Higher Education Loan Board -HELB
Directorate of Criminal Investigations – CID
All Applications should be submitted both online through the recruitment portal in our website i.e www.landcommission.go.ke and hard copies to:
The Secretary/CEO National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road, Ardhi House 12th Floor, Room 1205 P.O Box 44417-00100 Nairobi.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission on/or before 17th July, 2017 by 5.00pm