The impact of VALUE farms activities are income generation, revitalization of agricultural infrastructures development, market linkages and Social inclusion.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the following positions;
Overall responsibility: Responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures by analyzing, developing and summarizing financial information for financial reporting and audit purposes.
Position reports to: The Executive Director
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receivables management; send monthly statements to clients pick payments and document financial transactions by entering account information appropriately.
- Payables management; Preparing payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Petty cash management; prepare requisition for approval, issue case vouchers, record receipts and ensure all vouchers are well document.
- Banking; carrying out banking activities and monthly reconciliation of bank statements.
- Filing and record management; file original copies of invoice, delivery notes, goods retuned noted and any other relevant document in an orderly fusion.
- Payment of statutory deductions; file PAYE, NHIF and VAT withholding tax.
- Payroll Management; prepare employees’ salaries on a monthly basis.
- Summarizing current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management.
- CPA Graduate (Registration with ICPAK is an added advantage)
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university
- 2-3 years accounting experience in a medium size firm.
- Conversant with QuickBooks Accounting software and Ms. Excel.
- Strategic focus and strong business negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical and entrepreneurial skills
- Demonstrated financial and people management skills
- Must be keen to details
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
How to Apply
- Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their application letter addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Value Firms Limited together with an updated CV and copies of relevant credentials and three referees.
- Send Applications to email@example.com The deadline for submission is Wednesday 15th June, 2016
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.