Monitoring & Evaluation Internship
General Overview: The Vibrant Village Foundation is a private foundation that established operations in Kenya in 2014.
In Emuhaya District, the Foundation conducts a number of development programmes across the areas of agriculture, education, business and infrastructure.
The Foundation is recruiting an M&E Intern to assist in the implementation of VVF (Kenya)’s M&E strategy for all projects in Vihiga County to ensure measurable impact and progress towards the organisation’s goals.
The M&E Intern will be support multiple data collection processes across VVF projects and will assist in the delivery of high quality datasets.
Location: Esabalu Sub-location, Emuhaya District, Vihiga County
Duration: 3 months
- Coordination of M&E data collectors and casual data entry staff, including:
- In–field coordination of key M&E activities, with an eye to “perfect” quality standard.
- Quality–control and supervision of data entry, with zero tolerance for data–entry errors.
- In–field follow–up on errors to ensure quality data across all project
- Assist in data management, including:
- Manipulation and verification of collected data – including, data cleaning, basic analysis and quality control
- Managing data collection files, using online storage
- Collection, analysis and reporting on internal Key Performance Indicators
- Other duties as assigned
- Current undergraduate student in Statistics, Community Development, Public Health, Anthropology or other Social Sciences
- Advanced skills in Excel, (Proficiency in SPSS, SAS, Epi-Info or STATA an added advantage)
- Experience in designing and participating in development projects
- Strong research and reporting skills
- Strong analytical thinker with acute attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Goal oriented and committed with ability to work under pressure within a dynamic Team, both on-site and remotely
- Self-motivated and able to work without any supervision
How to Apply
- Forward your cover letter and CV ONLY to [email protected] before 13th September 2016 5PM.
- The subject of your email should contain the job you are applying for and your name, i.e. “Monitoring and Evaluation Internship – (*Your Name*).
- There will be no remuneration/stipend offered for the position
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.