Village Administrator Job at Makueni County, Kenya
Department Of Devolution & Public Service
Village Administrators: (8 Posts) – Job Group H (3 Years Contract Renewable based on Performance) – Re-advertisement
Village Administrator Job Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Ward Administrator, the Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating general admin functions and service provision in the village
- Ensuring and coordinating the participation of the village unit in governance
- Assisting the village unit to develop the administrative capacity for the effective exercise of the functions and powers and participation in governance at the local level
- Assisting in dissemination and implementation of policies and plans at the village
- Assisting in developing and implementing activities to empower communities
- Monitoring and report on infrastructure and public facilities status
- Facilitating of citizen participation in village councils
- Mobilizing citizens to attend public participation events/activities
- Mobilizing and educate citizens to participate in development projects
- Preparing monthly and quarterly progress reports
- Performing any other function delegated by the supervisor
- Exercising any functions and powers delegated by the CPSB
Requirements for Village Administrator Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
Post-secondary education Certificate or Diploma and experience of not less than 5 years in community service /development
Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply
The positions will be for the following villages in the County:
- Kiteta Village in Kisau/Kiteta Ward
- Mbooni Village in Mbooni Ward
- Ukia Village in Ukia Ward
- Ngulu Village in Kikumbulyu North Ward
- Ngaamba Village in Kiima Kiu/Kalanzoni ward
- Kanthuni Village in Mavindini Ward
- Emali Village in Emali/Mulala Ward
- Ngandani/Kalungu Village in Kikumbulyu South Ward
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates, ID card and clearance from the various institutions as listed below should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to; The Secretary/CEO Makueni County Public Service Board P.O. Box 49 – 90300 Makueni Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute. All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before Friday, 26th August, 2016. Note All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.