Position Summary: Manage field accounting and finance operations processes across Kenya for an innovative micro-enterprise development organization. Village Enterprise’s mission is to equip people living in extreme poverty with the resources to create sustainable businesses. The organization seeks to recruit a self-motivated, dynamic and results-oriented person to fill the vacancy of Finance and Administration (F&A) Assistant.
Under the general direction of the Finance and Administration Manager and F&A Associate, assist in the following tasks:
- Prepare proper documentation (invoice, PVs, budgets etc) for payments and file accordingly
- Assist in conducting cash counts and sending reports to F&A Associate & Manager
- Assist in monthly reconciliations
- Liaise with F&A Associate on Financial Planning
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks as required.
- Provide assistance to the F&A Associate to enter transactions into QuickBooks and supporting documents to be uploaded to the transaction page
- Ensure all Quickbooks entries are correctly entered.
- Tracking Office Equipment and Paperwork
- Manage the office equipment log and asset listing for East Africa
- Oversee the use of mobile phones for data collection
- Ensure proper maintenance and care for Equipment
- Update Equipment paperwork as needed
- Payment of Office Bills
- Schedule, manage and monitor all bills for the office.
- These include but are not limited to Utilities (power, water, and internet), Rent, Car Maintenance and payments to partners.
- Responsible for running office errands such as purchase of airtime, payment of bills etc
Required Competencies and Attributes
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Teamwork. Embraces teamwork and aspires and supports the ideals of working in a team work environment as a team champion
- Passion to work in a rural community setting
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Positive attitude to work and to develop in a fast paced work environment
For appointment to this position a candidate must have:
- Part III of CPA (K) or its approved equivalent qualification OR a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Commerce or any other relevant equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in computer applications; Accounting based Applications are an added advantage
- Served in a comparable and relevant position for a minimum period of one (1) year in a busy organization
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results.
Employer: Village Enterprise
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development/Social Entrepreneurship
Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Reports to: Finance and Administration Associate
Job Location: Kitale (KE), with potential travel to Soroti and Hoima, Uganda
Duration: Minimum of 2 years, opportunity to extend.
Start Date: October 2015
How to Apply
To apply: Qualified candidates should send the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover Letter (Include where you found this job posting)
CVs (Include details of your academic qualifications and any relevant work experience)
3 references with details of their day time contacts and email addresses
Academic transcripts Please ensure that the subject line reads: “Finance and Administration Assistant”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by phone/ email for an interview.