Vision Fund Kenya Limited is a fast growing financial service company and an investment of the World Vision Kenya.
We wish to recruit a highly competent, proactive and self driven person to fill the position of:
Project Manager – Strategic Partnership
As part of the Vision Fund’s Leadership Team, the main purpose of the job is to supervise all lending functions of the institution at the strategic partnership level, they will oversee strategic partnership project including operations, business development, systems and processes in line with the company overall operations strategy and within the local and World Vision International regulations.
The position is stationed in Nairobi and reports to the Operations Director, with occasional local travel
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Implement the agreed operational plan focusing on increasing the outreach of the microfinance institution through supporting the strategic partner to open the agreed new areas of operation and development of new credit products;
- Support the modification and refinement of the exiting credit products;
- Support the development of new market oriented products such as microcredit, SME, micro-saving, fund transfer and micro-insurance;
- Implement the efficient and effective portfolio management to ensure the optimal use of company resources
- Analyse the business environment and make recommendations on the development of new products and enhance existing products to grow the institution’s customer base and outreach
- Develop strategies to minimize customer complaints and suggest ways of managing the public image of the institution
- Supervise the VFK staff that are assigned to work with the strategic partner and provide them with adequate support to make sure that collections are always on time and that the quality of the portfolio remains excellent;
- Prepare monthly and other periodic operational reports for the Operations Director and Senior management team
- Lead the delinquency management strategy, including analysis reviews, legal actions against customers and employee when appropriate
The ideal candidate
- MUST hold a relevant social science or Business related degree and or master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics,
- a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in microfinance field operations,
- extensive and proven track record in financial institution administration, operations and procedures, advanced computer skills,
- fluency in English with strong written and verbal communication skills,
- excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, and experience in people management,
- ability to work in a challenging environment with poor infrastructure and human capacities,
- highly motivated with a strong interest in development and social issues
- All candidates must be professing and practicing Christians whose conduct and depth of character are governed by personal Christian convictions.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contact and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by 31st August 2015.
The position should be the subject of the email application.
Send applications to: [email protected]
Vision Fund Kenya Limited – Empowering Communities, Giving Hope”