Vision Fund Kenya Limited is a fast growing financial service company and an investment of the World Vision Kenya.
We wish to recruit a highly competent, proactive and self driven person to fill the position of:
Risk & Compliance Manager
As part of the Vision Fund’s Leadership Team, the main purpose of the job is to ensure the day-to-day management of the risk related activities, coordinating, monitoring and facilitating compliance with existing laws, rules and regulations in risk management in line with the company overall operations strategy and within the local and World Vision International regulations.
The position is stationed in Nairobi and reports to the Chief Executive Officer, with occasional local travel
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Develops annual risk management plan that outlines the activities to be undertaken and submit for approval to Operations Director
- Develop check list to conduct follow up the implementation of risk mgt. framework of the institution;
- Conducts risk assessment on the company business situations, economic trends, future customer needs, company past performance, its key assets and areas of weaknesses and strength
- Conducts risk mgt. strategies trainings and awareness programs;
- Develops risk management principles, processes, methodologies and standards and monitors their proper implementation;
- Calculates the degree of risks involved owing to changes the major management decisions
- Assesses solvency using appropriate financial analysis tools
- Identifies risks inherent in MFI’s business and measure and prioritized identified risks and develop adequate risk mitigating factors;
- Performs risk assessment on at least significant risk exposure of VF MFI and proposes risk management strategies, for deliberation by the management or the Board;
- Ensure implementation of audit findings across the branch network;
- Ensure branch compliance with established credit policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Make recommendations to mitigate risk of any new products and/or target market segments
The ideal candidate MUST hold a first degree in Business Administration/Management/Economics/Accounting (MBA holders are preferred), must have at least 10 years of working experience out of which 4 years in middle level management position in a Micro Finance Organization, Retail banking or Enterprise lending institutions, Knowledge of the VF- MFI’s policy, procedures and overall strategic direction, determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team.
All candidates must be professing and practicing Christians whose conduct and depth of character are governed by personal Christian convictions.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contact and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by 31st August 2015.
The position should be the subject of the email application.
Send applications to: [email protected]
Vision Fund Kenya Ltd – Empowering Communities, Giving Hope”