Vision Fund Kenya Limited is a fast growing financial service company and an investment of the World Vision Kenya.
We wish to recruit a highly competent, proactive and self driven person to fill the position of:
Senior Business Analyst
As part of the Vision Fund’s Leadership Team, the main purpose of the job is to review, analyze and occasionally modify systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support application systems.
The incumbent will consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify business objectives and requirements.
The incumbent will also be responsible for writing documentation to describe custom configuration of applications and operating procedures in liaison with 3rd party application development consultants in line with the company overall operations strategy and within the local and World Vision International regulations.
The position is stationed in Nairobi and reports to the ICT Director
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the IT team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the ICTD
- Coordinate application development for multiple projects
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Provide programming for some in-house IT projects
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Updating and amending existing databases
- Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems
- Monitoring database efficiency
- Sustaining the security and integrity of data
- Creating query definitions that allow data to be extracted
- Analyze data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
- Analyze, present and communicate data through data warehouse and data mining tools.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications
- Develops the documentation for processes and ensures the overall scope, quality and effectiveness of the documentation continues to grow
The ideal candidate
- MUST hold a Minimum of Bachelor degree in in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Information Technology,
- Should have a minimum of 4 years of technology experience with hands-on technical roles in the field and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals,
- extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications,
- technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support,
- technical certification in IT disciplines or technology,
- good background in Data Base design in Microsoft SQL and MySQL,
- good background in Microsoft .NET, Java, PHP, HTML and other web applications development languages,
- good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project,
- working knowledge of UNIX based operating systems and T24 would be an added advantage.
- All candidates must be professing and practicing Christians whose conduct and depth of character are governed by personal Christian convictions.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contact and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by 31st August 2015.
The position should be the subject of the email application.
Send applications to: [email protected]
Vision Fund Kenya Limited – Empowering Communities, Giving Hope”