The International Crisis Group’s Central Africa Project is looking for an intern to volunteer in the organisation’s Nairobi office for a suggested period of six months from 15 February 2017.
This is a desk-based position that requires a natural flair for political analysis, flexibility, intelligence and hard work, but offers an excellent opportunity for someone to learn about conflict analysis and advocacy work and gain valuable experience in a high profile international NGO.
Responsibilities for the Voluntary Internship
- Monitoring political developments in the Central Africa region via online sources;
- Providing assistance editing reports and briefings on conflict issues, and other documents produced by Africa program staff;
- Preparing advocacy and research materials and attending meetings with/on behalf of the Crisis Group staff;
- Assisting with carrying out daily press reviews and composing weekly situation reports;
- Administrative tasks, including arranging meetings and database management; and
- Assisting Africa program staff with everyday office needs.
Voluntary Internship Job Requirements
- A recent graduate degree in political science, conflict studies, international relations, or similar;
- Excellent in French and English writing and editing skills;
- Fluent in French;
- Computer literacy;
- An ability to deal confidently and swiftly with a variety of demanding tasks;
- Proven research skills in international relations or a similar subject, conflict analysis or human rights work;
- Proven interest in and knowledge of the Central Africa region; and
- Knowledge of local language(s) is an added advantage.
How To Apply
If interested, please apply by 18 January 2017. Click here to apply