VSF Germany is an international Non Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance.
In the region, VSF Germany implements activities in the Republic of Southern Sudan, Sudan, Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia.
With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, food safety, drought responses and mitigation, but also developing the capacity of communities and governmental institutions or initiating peace and conflict resolution we work towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities.
VSF Germany has signed an agreement with the Canadian Government through Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) in Partnership with VSF Canada as lead agency, and VSF Suisse for the project (Strengthening Food Security and Livelihoods for vulnerable people in South Sudan)
VSF Germany seeks to recruit qualified and well experienced persons for the following positions to oversee the implementation of the above food security grant in Gogrial West, Tonj North and Gogrial East Counties of Warrap State, South Sudan.
These positions will be based in warrap state with frequent travels to other locations of VSF G.
Finance and administration Officer
Key responsibilities under this position will include:
• Provide financial, logistical & administrative support to the projects
• Implement donor financial regulation in funds management at the field level.
• Manage the Projects finance and oversee all local procurement ensuring that donor and
• Organization’s policies are adhered to.
• Manage the project petty cash, keeping records of all field financial transactions.
• Submit monthly returns both hard copies and soft copies to the Country office.
• Prepare backups of financial documents both hard and soft copies
• Support preparation of cash forecasts, requests and submission to regional office to ensure flawless cash flow.
• Assist in monitoring of expense levels to avoid over expenditure posting errors
• Support Program Managers and field staff in drafting budgets, preparing field documentation and submission of field returns.
• Manage contracts with third parties and supervise services rendered to the projects.
• Ensure stock cards, asset lists and project inputs are accurately recorded
• Support Project Manager in the management of administrative staff at the project location.
• Ensure staffs deployed to the field are well inducted.
• Supervise junior camp staff as appropriate.
• Undertake any other duties assigned to you by your supervisors
Qualifications, Experience, Attributes & Skills required:-
• University degree in Finance/Commerce/Accounting or Business studies
• Proficiency in Microsoft office computer I.e. Excel, word etc.
• 3 years minimum work experience in finance.
• Experience in a humanitarian or other International NGO
• Understanding of international donor regulations desirable.
• Knowledge of EU and DFATD rules & regulations shall be an added advantage.
• Previous field experience is desirable
• Good communication both oral & written.
• A team player with good organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Navision will be an added advantage.
Micro Finance Officer
Key responsibility areas include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure an effective planning, implementing and monitoring as well as, reviewing and reporting
• Provide technical support to the teams at field level (Supervise and manage the work of micro-finance field extension workers/officers/Animators)
• Development of a highly motivated project team of field officers (Self saving technicians) and support community networks on Self Saving groups and Value chain actors.
• Support the identification, verification and registration of all target beneficiaries in vegetable/
• Conduct trainings for Extension workers/Micro-finance technicians and farmers on self saving group concepts.
• Work with the project manager to facilitate the procurement of project inputs such as self saving kits.
• Produce comprehensive Technical Activity and Narrative monthly progress Reports to Project Manager in line with the project grant agreement in Coordination with Area manager.
• Represent VSFG in all revelant meeting, forums and consultantion with the project areas and county level as assigned.
• Maintain mature and proffessional team work with her/his team
• Perform any other duty as duly assigned by the line manager and designate.
• Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Commerce/Economics, Agribusiness or any other related discipline.
• Experience in Community Development will be considered as an added advantage
• At least three years working experience in Agricultural/micro-finance in the rural South Sudan setting as well as experience with International Organization experience as added advantage.
• Preference will be given to those with Knowledge and good understanding of the project area and local context or working experience in South Sudan especially conflict prone areas for the past 3 years.
• Demonstrated technical experience in humanitarian and development likelihood or emergency environments.
• Good analytical, report writing, and presentation skills (in English), including the ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely
• Proficiency in English, Arabic added Advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV plus 3 names of referees (one of them being their immediate supervisor) with their full contacts to the Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Indicate the job Title for the position applied for in the Subject line or envelope.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Closing date for receiving applications is Thursday, 5th November 2015, before 12:00 am midnight.
These positions are open to Qualified South Sudanese nationals only.