Gulu District Local Government (Uganda)
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The Agriculture-based enterprise and Value chain advisor will build
capacity of youth and project staff, particularly in value addition and market linkages.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, or related fields
• At least 5 years proven track record and strong technical and field experience in the agricultural sector (crop and livestock), e.g. improved farming techniques, livestock management
• Experience in supporting market-linkages and value addition, particularly for small-holder farmers and farmers’ groups
• Experience facilitating enterprise development (small and medium enterprises)
• Experience in working with private sector (agribusiness, traders, food processors, other related)
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
30 Oct 2015