This long-standing Nairobi restaurant is the perfect place to indulge in the best of middle-Eastern cuisine.The Restaurant prides itself on giving our valued customers a true taste of the Lebanese spirit, serving classic and mouth watering dishes in an atmosphere that is true to the culture.
Duties and responsibilities:
Responsible for serving food and beverages in restaurant efficiently and in a most courteous manner.
Meet and Greet guest, welcome them to their reserved seats and offer them the menu
Inform guests about the special items for the day, suggesting food and beverages choices from the menu to the guest and seeking opportunities to upsell.
Take food and beverage orders, inputting into POS system correctly, generating receipts, accepting and processing payments and delivering correct change
To serve food and beverage to guests in a timely and courteous manner with full knowledge of the menu items
Wine service at the table following correct wine etiquette
The ideal candidate has exceptional knowledge of Kenyan alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages on offer (Kenyan and international brands)
Good knowledge of spirits, wines and liquors and how they are typically served
Monitoring tables in your section to ensure guest needs are met and expectations exceeded, interacting with guests to establish rapport
– Refilling glasses and offering additional beverage service
– Replenishing utensils and china where necessary while maintaining a clean table for guest comfort
– Checking that food quality meets guest expectation
– Alerting supervisor on duty of any guest complaints
– Handling guest complaints in an expedient and professional manner
Perform basic cleaning, side-duties, pre-shift and closing duties which include but are not limited to:
– Set up and break down of restaurant furniture
– Basic restaurant cleaning (floors, tables etc)
– Table set-up, including china, polishing cutlery, glassware, and linens
– Set- up of waiters stations
– Replenishing condiment jar and side station supplies
– Set- up for next shift
Standing in for absent staff on short notice
Working closely with back of house (kitchen) staff to ensure guest orders are prepared to the guest preference in a timely and efficient manner
To adhere to restaurant grooming standards
– Clean, pressed uniform
– Clean-shaven, conservative hair style and colour, conservative make up, no nail polish, hair tied back
Assist with answering phone calls with guest inquiries, reservations and taking of messages
- Must be personable, friendly and a good communicator
- Well-articulated, confident and the able to convey information effectively and also able to listen actively, understand and react appropriately to guest questions, comments and concerns
- Must display a keen desire to learn on the job and go above and beyond for the guest
- Willingness to learn products, spices and cooking methods of this international cuisine
- Should be well groomed, pleasant looking and one that commands a high standard of personal hygiene
- Diploma in hospitality from a reputable institution. Higher academic achievements are an added advantage
- Basic Computer knowledge required.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili.