Position: Warehouse Clerk
Our Client is the world’s leading specialist flooring company with manufacturing plants across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. They are seeking to recruit a Warehouse Clerk.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for process
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Open bales, crates and other containers.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment
Qualification and Experience
- Degree\ Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies/ Warehousing or any other related field
- The ability to plan and organize work schedules
- Good decision-making skills
- Individuals who are honest and uphold integrity
- 2 – 3 years experience in a similar position
How to Apply
If you have the skills and competences for this role, send your CV ONLY to [email protected] by 22nd August 2015.
Kindly indicate position title and minimum salary expectation on the subject line.