Start: ASAP with some flexibility
Important Notes: Please carefully follow the application instructions at the end of this document. Watervale Investments will never ask applicants for payment as part of the application process.
About Watervale Investments: Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry.
We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
About the Position: The Customer Engagement Officer role will focus on developing and managing relationships with our customers.
Regular visitation to customer shops will be an important part of the role. Candidates should therefore be comfortable with significant travel and field work.
This is a long-term, salaried position with the added opportunity of earning commissions from sales.
Our company is growing quickly and there are ample opportunities for professional development and career growth for exceptional candidates.
Goals and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for placing orders according to credit rules and credit limit established by your supervisor
- Manage customers’ payment schedule and ensure that customers adhere to credit limits
- Build long-term relationships with clients and service recurring order needs
- Provide all customer support required by the clients in your portfolio
- Build and grow relationships within the furniture manufacture industry
- Use industry networks and other means to generate new leads on an on-going basis
- Develop a strong understanding of competitors and competing products on the market
- Pursue leads, research prospects and make initial introductory calls
- Make product presentations which show an in-depth understanding of our products and the client’s needs
- Offer recommendations to your supervisor about creditworthiness of new customers
- Close relationships and coordinate orders with our warehouse
- A preference for 1-2 years’ experience in a role with sales or customer relations responsibilities
- Furniture industry knowledge or experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills and success developing productive professional relationships
- A mature professional who can comfortably relate with business owners and senior purchasing managers
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail—ability to analyze customer statements and proactively identify and address issues with customer accounts
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Eager to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
Benefits: Competitive salary for entry level position, participation in a private pension scheme, opportunity for advancement and coaching by the company’s international directors.
How to Apply
Please visit the link below to apply online for this and any other available positions: http://www.watervale.co.ke/vacancies If you have any questions or problems, please email [email protected], however please note we cannot receive applications via this email address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email or phone for an interview.