About Watervale Investments: Watervale Investments is a young and quickly – growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry.
Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans.
We offer an exciting, dynamic working environment with opportunity for growth for our employees.
About the Position: As our company expands the range of products we manufacture, we are seeking a Production Officer to take the reins of our growing production operation.
This is a key management and leadership role which will oversee all critical production functions and advance them to the next level.
The ideal Production Officer will master manufacture and quality control processes as well as management of resources to efficiently and reliably deliver quality products.
They will also work closely with various teams to ensure timely delivery to our customers.
Deliver products to the logistics and distribution team on time
- Monitor production and adjust schedules to ensure our clients’ needs are met
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. distribution and logistics, management, administration)
- Set production targets and ensure they are met
- Ensure efficient management of raw material inventory and determine optimum stock and re-order levels
- Identify the resources needed in production and advise management.
Manage the production team
- Draw the work schedule for the production team
- Evaluate the performance of production staff
- Assist in the hiring and training of production staff
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are followed
- Ensure enforcement of all organizational SOP’s as relates to production is done.
- Make sure all personnel on the floor are trained
- Together with maintenance ensure all the equipment on the floor is serviced regularly and is in working condition.
- Ensure good are produced efficiently at an optimum cost, striving towards continuous improvement.
- Implement quality-control programs
- Monitor product standards at various levels of production and at the point of release
- Troubleshoot on any quality issues that arise
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and machines
- Conduct regular quality training for the production team
At Watervale Investments, we seek new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles.
We put less of an emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character.
Any candidate who feels they can undertake the responsibilities above to a high standard is welcome to apply.
Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials:
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to details and ability to deliver on assigned tasks with independence and little supervision
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues. Candidates with at least 2 years management experience managing a team of at least 10 preferable.
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Eagerness to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and and lean manufacturing policies and procedures.
- Technical background (process, chemical, mechanical or production engineering have an advantage) with 3-5 years experience.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online