Important Notes: Please carefully follow the application instructions at the end of this document. Watervale Investments will never ask applicants for payment as part of the application process.
About Watervale Investments
Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans. We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
About the Position
The Market Research Assistant will be the second member of our growing market research team. Watervale conducts ongoing market research to understand customer’s preferences and to explore new business opportunities: as a market researcher you will collect and analyses data and information from end consumers and retailers and you will present it to the management team to inform strategic decisions.
This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for a professional with strong communication and attention to details skills to take up a dynamic research role. The Market Research Assistant will be based around Kawangware but will conduct the interviews and research around Nairobi — candidates should be comfortable with significant travel.
Compensation will include a monthly base pay plus travel expenses compensations. Please note that this is a junior position and it is ideal for candidates at the early stage of their work experience.
The Market Research Assistant will be responsible for completing surveys and conducting face to face focus group discussions and interviews. While someone with research background will be at an advantage, any candidate who possesses analytical skills and attention to details will be competitive for this position.
Goals and Responsibilities
• Provides inputs in the writing of surveys and questionnaires;
• Finds respondents and manages the distribution of qualitative or quantitative surveys and questionnaires
• Supports in moderating focus groups discussion and 1:1 interviews with respondents;
• Analyzes and interprets data to identify patterns, including surveys and focus group transcripts;
• Writes detailed reports and presents results;
• Offers opinions on how to best use research findings for the company’s marketing strategy;
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Interpersonal skills, with strong written and oral communication skills;
• Good analytical and numerical skills;
• Accuracy and attention to detail;
• The ability to use initiative;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Business awareness;
• Creativity and problem-solving skills;
• Teamwork and negotiation skills;
• Flexibility and drive;
• IT literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
• An interest in psychology and behavior is a plus
• Work experience in conducting research is a plus
• Eager to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
Competitive salary for entry level position, participation in a private pension scheme, opportunity for advancement and coaching by the company’s international directors.
How to Apply
Please visit the link below to apply online for this and any other available positions: http://www.watervale.co.ke/vacancies