Important Notes: Please carefully follow the application instructions at the end of this document. Watervale Investments will never ask applicants for payment as part of the application process.
About Watervale Investments
Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans. We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
About the Position
The Shopkeeper (Gikomba) plays a key role in ensuring broad supply and distribution of our products. The role involves running our distribution depot in Gikomba Market, where a store of our products is kept for supply to traders within the market. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for anyone interested in gaining experience in customer relations and marketing. This shopkeeper will be based full-time at our depot in Gikomba.
Goals and Responsibilities
Attend to the Depot
• Accurately receive goods
• Accurately track the sale of goods
• Receive and promptly remit cash paid by customers
• Responsibly and strictly manage all cash and stock with which you are entrusted
• Open and close the depot
• Keep the shop clean and orderly
• Promptly report any difficulties to management
Market Products and Manage Customer Relations
• Convince customers to purchase products from the depot
• Provide excellent customer service
• Support with market research activities within the market
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• No formal qualification or experience requirements – we will train you on the job
• Skills/abilities: good analytical and numerical skills, accuracy and attention to detail, ability to take initiative, problem-solving skills, customer-oriented, flexible, hardworking and driven
• Eager to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
Competitive salary for entry level position, participation in a private pension scheme, opportunity for advancement and coaching by the company’s international directors.
How to Apply
Please visit the link below to apply online for this and any other available positions: http://www.watervale.co.ke/vacancies