Start: ASAP with some flexibility
Important Notes: Please carefully follow the application instructions at the end of this document. Watervale Investments will never ask applicants for payment as part of the application process.
About Watervale Investments: Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry.
We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
About the Position: The Shopkeeper (Gikomba) plays a key role in ensuring broad supply and distribution of our products.
This shopkeeper will be based full-time at our depot in Gikomba.
Goals and Responsibilities
Attend to the Depot
- Accurately receive goods
- Accurately track the sale of goods
- Receive and promptly remit cash paid by customers
- Responsibly and strictly manage all cash and stock with which you are entrusted
- Open and close the depot
- Keep the shop clean and orderly
- Promptly report any difficulties to management
- Convince customers to purchase products from the depot
- Provide excellent customer service
- Support with market research activities within the market
- No formal qualification or experience requirements – we will train you on the job
- Skills/abilities: good analytical and numerical skills, accuracy and attention to detail, ability to take initiative, problem-solving skills, customer-oriented, flexible, hardworking and driven
- Eager to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
Benefits: Competitive salary for entry level position, participation in a private pension scheme, opportunity for advancement and coaching by the company’s international directors.
How to Apply