Web Content Editor jobs in Kenya
Job Title: Web Content Editor
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated and passionate individual with experience and skills in web content management, writing and editing for the web, and social media management.
The position holder will be responsible for the final content of a leading career website and building the voice of the website in social media spaces. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, this person will also work closely with the technical team to maintain site standards with regard to new development.
The Content Editor position requires strong communication and decision making skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
A typical day for the Online Content Editor will involve: coordinating content creation and publishing of articles by researching and suggesting ideas, assigning articles to team and handle arising problems, writing and posting optimized content for the website, edit and proofread all content including writing catchy titles, and determine the importance of articles and what goes on the front, while ensuring all content is posted within timelines of the release of the daily newsletter.
Additionally, you will contribute to/updating social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, editing and monitoring social media outlets and responding on topics related to company/industry.
Other duties will include:
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout by setting appropriate tone and following the editorial directions and policies
- Working with a cross-departmental team, maintain and develop the master content calendar for all content.
- Helps plan and implement social marketing campaigns for specific marketing goals
- Track and report on all site metrics including: web analytics such as Google analytics and social media analytics on Facebook Insights, Twitter and LinkedIn analytics
- Keeping up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web, social media trends, web -usability, web design, and business/industry trends
- Training new trainees as well as keep the staff on schedule
- Represents the publication / Company at many social and business events
Required Skills and Competencies
We are looking for a candidate aged between 25 and 30 years with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, PR, Mass Communication or a related field
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- A flair for writing with an understanding of what works on the internet
- Over 2 years experience in managing content and production for high traffic websites
- Ability to write in a concise, organized, and effective manner
- A capability for editing and proof reading with good research skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- An understanding of keywords and Meta tags – Ability to write web page titles, Meta tag descriptions etc will be an added advantage
- An ability to lead and work in a team and across departments
- Use of word press CMS is an added advantage
- Personal characteristics
This is an engaging role that requires:
- Passion and Energy
- Persistence and Flexibility
- Initiative and time management
- Leadership skills
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Web Content Editor) to [email protected] before Wednesday 20th April 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
Corporate Staffing Services Ltd