- Company: Reputable Institution
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Web Design Administrator Job At IEBC
Web Design Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools and business intelligence reporting interfaces to ensure easy access of the commission public information by citizens.
- Collaborate with other departments to implement new web services that ensure seamless exchange of data across systems and transparency in publicly accessible data e.g. Election results, Voter registration data, candidates nomination data;
- Design web interfaces to enable citizens, aspiring candidates, political parties and other stakeholders to be able to query and retrieve commission’s public accessible data.
- Develop interfaces and web services to enable the commission share and exchange data with external stakeholder’s e.g. national registration Bureau, National Bureau of Statistics.
- Work closely with Business analysts, application developers, database administrators and other members of the ICT Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines.
- Determine appropriate architecture and other technical aspects of the website and make relevant recommendations for improvement.
- Testing and verification of website and web applications functionality
- Oversee web site performance and functionality.
- Undertake the systems development, improvement and management of the Commission’s website.
- Designing website test plans
- Reviewing software performance
- Provide support to project managers in all phases of the project lifecycle using adopted project management processes and procedures to meet IEBC’s goals and project specific time and quality goals.
Qualifications For Web Design Administrator Job
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of three (3years hands-on experience in Web application development.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of project lifecycle phases and potential artifacts related to each phase.
- Strong understanding of User Interface design, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Experience in developing and maintaining dynamic websites using CMS technologies
- Competent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Skills in documenting process flows, gathering requirements and preparing impact analysis; strong analytical aptitude
In addition to the qualifications set above, the applicants must further meet and get the following clearances:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board.
- Professional bodies (where applicableto which the applicant belongs eg LSK, ICPAK, AAK, IEK etc.
- Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd or Metropol Credit Reference Bureau.
- Security Clearance
All shortlisted applicants may be subjected by the Commission to a security clearance by National Intelligence Service (NIS).
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their duly completed application together with up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, email and telephone contacts of three (3referees who must be familiar with the candidates previous work experience. Applicants must indicate the Job title on the top left corner of the envelope. Those applying for constituency or Regional positions must also indicate the Region or Constituency on the top left corner of the envelope.
- Applications and supporting documents shall be: Hand delivered to the IEBC CEO/CS, 6th Floor, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi: and/or Send via Post Office to
- Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC), P O Box 45371-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Applications must reach IEBC by 30th September 2016