Deputy Manager, Human Resource Management & Training Job at the Women Enterprise Fund
The Women Enterprise Fund (WEF) is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency established via Government Financial Management Act in 2007, through Legal Notice no.147. and whose core mandate is to provide accessible and affordable credit to support Kenyan women start and/or expand businesses for wealth and employment creation.
HR/No: 4/2017: Deputy Manager, Human Resource Management & Training Grade WEF 3 (1 Post)
Salary Scale: Ksh.89,748 x 4,487 – 94,235 x 4,712 – 98,947 x 4,947 – 103,894 x 5,195 – 109,089 x
5,454 – 114,543 x 5,727 – 120,270 p.m.
Responsibilities for the Deputy Manager HR & Training Job
- An Officer at this level reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for developing, reviewing and implementing Human resources strategies ,policies, programs and procedures to support the Funds Strategic goals and objectives to enhance individual and organizational performance including;
- Custodian of approved human resource documents including the Organization Structure, Career Progression Guidelines, Staff Allowances,
- Establishment & Human Resources Policy Manual.
- Develops, reviews and monitors the Human Resources and Training Budget
- Leads in the Development of staff benefits and rewards framework for the Fund to attract and retain talent.
- Manages the recruitment and Selection process in the organization to ensure timely filling of vacant positions within the approved establishment.
- Provide oversight in design and formulation of staff development and training policies that ensure the Funds staff remain skilled and competent.
- Develops strategies and solutions for implementing the corporate strategies and objectives including policy guidelines on staff performance management that sustains a high performance culture at the Fund.
- Provides technical advice to the Directors, management team and staff on
- Human resources issues and regulatory framework.
- Oversees Succession Planning in the organization to ensure business continuity for critical positions in the organization.
- Oversee the implementation of Quality Management Systems in the division as well as mainstreaming of the Risk Management process in the human resource department.
- Communicates to all staff through memos, circulars, emails on policies,
- Human Resources programmes like Welfare, Staff Changes and contemporary issues for smooth flow of information within the Fund.
- Represents the organization on external forums requiring Human Resource expertise.
- Maintains Employee relations within the Fund for harmonious work relations
- Lead the formulation of organizational development & change management initiatives.
- Provide oversight in implementation of assigned Cross Cutting matters under the Funds’ Performance Contract.
- Overall responsibility for reporting on HR activities.
Requirements for the Deputy Manager HR & Training Job
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the Human Resource Management / Training function for at least nine (9) years; with at least three (3) years in a managerial position
- a Masters Degree in Human Resource Management / Development, Labor Administration /Business/Public Administration; plus a degree in social science;
- Attained the relevant professional qualification in Human Resources Management e.g. Higher Diploma –HRM, CHRP etc.
- Membership to IHRM(K) including possession of a valid practicing certificate
- Excellent communication, report writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong counseling and problem solving skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Good exposure to and understanding of computerized HR Information Systems
How To Apply
Applications clearly marked with the position reference and title and including a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, professional qualifications, testimonials, day time telephone number, names and addresses of three professional referees should be delivered to the Fund by hand, courier or post so as to reach the address below on or before 29th May 2017.
The Chief Executive /Director
Women Enterprise Fund
11th Floor Social Security House Building Block A
P. O. Box 17126 -00100
Shortlisted applicants will be expected to provide details of their current salary and the following documents: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Clearance from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Interested applicants who had previously submitted their applications for the above positions should re-apply.
Women Enterprise Fund is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.