Welding & Fabrication Engineer Job at The Davis & Shirtliff Group, Kenya
The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water and energy solutions in the region. The group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda and South Sudan. The company has a total complement of over 500 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Welding & Fabrication Engineer, Nairobi Office.
Welding & Fabrication Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Interpreting customer requirements and come up with designs and production drawings
- Preparation of required production documentation
- Quality control and assurance
- Materials ordering, preparation and usage monitoring.
- Ensuring that Jobs execution runs as per schedule without unnecessary delay in delivery to customers
- Ensuring safety guidelines are adhered to in the workshop
- Coordinating Kaizen activities such 5S, TPM and Quality circles in the workshop
- Evaluating department and technicians’ performance
Preferred Skills for Welding & Fabrication Engineer Job
- Must have an Engineering Degree from a recognised university with a minimum of second class honours (upper division)
- Must have over three (3) years of experience in design and production supervision in welding and fabrication workshop.
- Expert level of knowledge of welding methods- MIG,ARC and TIG welding
- Must be proficient in using CAD software such Solidworks, Inventor and AutoCAD
- Possess high personal and professional integrity.
- Knowledge of Kaizen Principles and experience in their application in a workshop
- Capable of effectively managing a team of workshop technicians.
- Possesses knowledge and is experienced in production planning techniques
- Able to institute continuous improvement of production processes and products
- Effective communication skills; written and verbal
How to Apply
Click here to apply