West Pokot County Chief Officers Jobs
The County Government of West Pokot
County Public Service Board
Pursuant to the provision of County Government Act , No. 17 of 2012 section 44 and 45 the office of the Governor wishes to consider applications from highly qualified results-oriented and self-motivated Kenyan citizens for appointments to the following positions:-
Twenty (20) Posts
The Chief Officer shall be the Authorized and Accounting Officer in a specific department and shall be responsible to the County Executive Committee Member.
The Twenty (20) posts will be as follows: (applicants should specify the portfolio for which they wish to head).
- Economic Planning
- Public Works
- Transport and Infrastructure
- Sanitation and Emergencies
- Technical Training
- Housing, Physical Planning and Urban Development
- Trade and Industrialization
- Investment and Co-operative Development
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Public Service and ICT
- Devolved Units
- Tourism and Culture
- Youth, Sports and Social Services
- Pastoral Economy
- Agriculture and irrigation
Duties and Responsibilities
- The administration of a County department
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain vision 2030 and sectoral goals, as stated in the agenda of the County Executive Committee
- Development and implementation of policies and regulations
- Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery
- Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Implementation of performance management in the relevant department.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
Be a Kenyan citizen:-
- Have a Bachelor`s degree in a relevant field from a university recognized in Kenya
- Possession of a Master`s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Member of a professional body relevant will be an added advantage.
- Have vast knowledge and experience of at least 5 years in the relevant field.
- Be conversant with the constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws
- Demonstrate through understanding of county development objectives and vision 2030
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Have capacity to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Satisfies the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya
- Be computer Literate.
Terms of Service: Contract
Salary: As prescribed by SRC
NOTE: Applicants are required to get clearance from the following institutions to meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Credit Reference Bureau
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity card or Passport, and Clearance certificates indicating the positions applied for on top of the envelope and addressed to ;-
Secretary/CEO County Public Board West Pokot County P.O Box 577 – 30600 Kapenguria
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at County Public Service Board Offices located at former Asal building next to Police Station
You can access the advertisement details /submission of online applications through our website: www.westpokot-cpsb.org
Applications should be received on or before Monday 11th September, 2017