Human Resources Assistant Jobs at World Food Program, Kenya
Grade : Service Contract SC5 (G5 equivalent)
Duty Station : WFP’s Regional Bureau for East & Central Africa, based in Nairobi
Salary : As per UN Service Contract Salary Bands
This vacancy is open to both male and female candidates. Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hungerworldwide. We are currently seeking to fill the position of Human Resources Assistant, in support ofthe Regional Bureau office, based in Nairobi, Kenya. The Regional Bureau provides strategic guidance,policy/technical support and direction to WFP operations and activities in nine countries: Burundi,Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda.
HR Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of the National HR Officer and the overallsupervision of the Regional HR Officer, the Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and highquality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Provide guidance and on‐the‐job training to other staff, to support their development andincreased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. andprovide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions,entitlements, performance Long Service Awards, Emergency
- Preparedness information andtraining requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Assist and provide support in recruitment of national/local staff in the National Officer andGeneral Services categories;
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by theNational HR officer including on‐boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files
- are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment
- contracts, transfer letters, training‐related documents, identification cards, UN Laissez
- Passer, bank accounts etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data includingassistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuringcompliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basicreports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
- Act as RBN Regional RB medical focal point; assist RB National staff with issuance of medicalcards and processing of medical claims and provide support to staff from the Region who aremedically evacuated to Nairobi in conjunction with Kenya Country Office medical focal point;
- Maintain and update RB staffing list and organigram on a monthly basis;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Successful completion of secondary school education, preferably supplemented by technical training/diploma in Human Resources Management. Knowledge of modern office procedures and communication skills.
Experience for HR Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Five or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least two years in human resources or other related field.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevanttechnical training and experience.
- Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application inorder to respond to and resolve general HR queries.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of individuals in order toprovide a high quality support service.
- Ability to collate and compile relevant data from a variety of sources in order to produceperiodic reports for supervisor(s).
- Ability to monitor and record personnel files and documentation in an organised manner andin line with compliance standards
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English essential.
Training and/or experience using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and other WFP software; knowledge of WFP Human Resources policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply online Deadline for applications: 21 August 2015. Only short‐listed candidates will be contacted. If you have any queries relating to this VA please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org WFP does not charge fees at any stage during the recruitment process. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.