Job Title: ICT Assistant (Information Technology – IT)
Ref: VA 16-0020834
Post Grade: Service Contract, SC-5
Duty Station: Dadaab
Date of issue: 18 March 2016
Deadline for application: 31 March 2016
Accountabilities: Under the direct supervision of the IT Associate and technical supervision of the Head of ICT, the incumbent will assist in implementing and ensuring predictable, repeatable and automated Information system management at the Dadaab Field Office.
S/he will act as the ICT focal point to whom the Field Office users refers to for technical support on network and application services issues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Helpdesk function at the Sub-office and other field / satellite offices;
- Manage and direct information system infrastructure;
- Manage messaging services OUTLOOK email and including performing network and database administration;
- Manage user accounts and permissions;
- Provide application and systems integration services;
- Support the refugee biometric verification process and the electronic voucher disbursement project.
- Manage Internet/Intranet hosting service operations;
- Install, modify, and maintain LAN/WAN components including cables, operating system software, application and utility software, various interface cards, hard disks and user computers;
- Monitor network and systems performance and carry out periodic analysis in order to locate and isolate/remove bottlenecks;
- Diagnose problems related to client computers, printers and applications and take corrective measures;
- Research, analyze, test and evaluate new information technologies and make recommendations for their deployment to ensure the organization’s IT infrastructure evolves appropriately as technology changes
- Recommend strategies for improvement of information systems, office automation, networks and TC/IT systems integration;
- Provide user support including monitoring customer satisfaction and initiating corrective or preventive action if problems or potential problems are detected; provide input for the sub office monthly IT report
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications, Experience, Critical Success Factors and Language:
- Completion of secondary school education supplemented by training/qualification in Information Technology or Computer Science or Informatics plus a combination of supplemental courses/technical certification in related fields.
- A minimum of four years’ experience with information technology installations and equipment demonstrating hands-on expertise with Windows 2003/2008/2012 server operating system, Microsoft Office 2013 Suite, LAN, WAN, WLAN technologies, exposure to HF/VHF radio, PABX, VSAT systems in a globally distributed IT and Telecommunications operation.
- Knowledge and practical experience with the following technologies – Data communication services over WAN and LAN infrastructures; Managed Networks, multi-layered LAN and WAN Environments; VoIP and CISCO Products and technologies i.e. switches & routers ;
- Telecommunications: Medium to large capacity PABX systems; group switches, digitally enhanced cordless telephones, fibre optic systems, strong background in Ericsson/Aastra range of PABXs including telephone management and billing systems; Radio Communications Technology: Experience with Codan HF and Motorola VHF systems and equipment; Satellite Technology: Small and large VSAT systems including portable sat phones.
- Familiarity with operations of commercial telecommunications systems and services.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
- Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/16-0020834
- Step 1: Create your online CV
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
Note: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
If you have any queries relating to this VA please send them to: [email protected]
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fees during the recruitment process.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.