The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency and school feeding projects including humanitarian air and logistics services.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only. Female candidates, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer and the overall guidance of the Head of Logistics, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide leadership in specific areas of competence i.e. transport operations, freight, forwarding, fleet and warehouse managements among others;
- Coordinate logistics operations for Somalia and contribute towards the developments of logistics plans and processes;
- Support logistics projects activities following standard processes to effectively deliver food assistance and cash based transfers to right beneficiaries at the right time;
- Collect and analyse data through research and networking to recommend actions and improve performance;
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries;
- Identify and build productive relationship with logistics colleagues, area offices, contractors and staff within the area of assignment for an integrated approach to serve beneficiary needs;
- Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure quick response in delivering food to affected areas at the onset of a crisis;
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs and ensure that logistics capacity assessment is carried out in timely manner;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: At least one year of postgraduate professional experience in one or more of the transportation and ancillary sectors: port operations, shipping, clearing and forwarding, warehouse/fleet management, large scale road/rail transport and distribution management.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here