Administration Officer Job at World Food Programme
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects and Cash Based Transfers.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties for the Administration Officer Job
- Contribute to a WFP country plan, including administrative processes, aligned with country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services;
- Support the development of budgets, annual procurement plans and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to support WFP strategic objectives;
- Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision making;
- Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g WFP managed facilities, light vehicles fleet, guesthouses and administrative services e.t.c), be responsible and accountable for Admin field support component, and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services;
- Ensure compliance of WFP services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, light vehicles fleet, guesthouses) are in line with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and other guidelines;
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities;
- Guide and supervise a wide range of junior administrative staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries;
- Supervise a wide range of contractors in the office (cleaning, catering, facilities management, construction, repair and maintenance) and ensure full compliance with the results expected as per the contracts in place;
- Supervise and manage the contracted services for sea and air shipments to Somalia which also includes various contract management issues such as performance indicators, payments, renewals and re-contracting;
- Maintain partnership with WFP stakeholders and other UN agencies to a further improve efficiencies and cost saving;
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Administration Officer Job Qualifications
- University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering or other relevant field relating to office management and administration.
- At least one year of postgraduate professional experience in administration. Experience in supervising a wide range of administrative services and staff in a large scale office, and coaching/training staff in the area of expertise. Experience in facilities and fleet management would be desirable.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of MS Office packages. Proficiency in SAP and FleetWave, and in depth knowledge of WFP corporate policies and guidelines in the related field would be an added advanta
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment before 9th April 2017.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.