Contract type: Service Contract
Post Grade: SC5
Closing Date: 11th July 2017
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects and Cash Based Transfers.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties for the Programme Assistant Job
Under the direct supervision of Food Security Cluster (FSC) Focal Point and overall supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation/VAM Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Provide regular and updated mapping graphics of the FCS’s response as per the Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) objective;
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual bulletins of FCS’s partner outputs and outcomes; Preparation of the regional briefing bulletins (every 4 months); based on FSC and partner data;
- Act as the focal person of sharing of information between the secretariat, cluster, regional focal points and vice coordinators;
- Assist the Training Officer in the identification of training needs of partners and support the coordination of capacity building and training of partners based on identified needs;
- Maintaining FSC related records;
- Support VAM team in the information management of the Seasonal Analysis Response Plan (SARP) and implementation plan;
- Focal point of Market and Price assessments and analysis;
- Lead and participate in market assessments and monitoring as well as other joint assessments;
- Support VAM unit with the necessary Geographic Information System (GIS) and mapping capability that include preparation of thematic and analytical maps;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Programme Assistant Job Qualifications
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Geography and Public Administration,
- Monitoring and Evaluation, or Information Management is desirable.
- Four years of work experience in similar areas of expertise required. Experience in development/humanitarian sector would be an added advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
- Proficient in using MS Excel. MS Word, MS Power Point, and GIS software (ARCGIS, ARCVIEW, IDRIS; knowledge of relational databases and web design is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment using the following link:
https://career012.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=58061&company=C0000168410P&username=Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.