Administrative Assistant (Inventory, Stores and Archives) Jobs at World Food Programme, Kenya
Post Grade: Fixed Term, G5 Duty Station: Nairobi
Date of issue: 22 February 2016 Closing date: 06 March 2016
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
Admin Assistant Job Major Duties and Responsibilities in Kenya
- Supervise and assist the registry team comprising of the messengerial, reproduction, archiving, stores and inventory services/activities.
- Coordinate and Reserve Electronic Bookings for UNON Conference Room Facilities on behalf of WFP Kenya Country Office (KCO).
- Monitor the proper maintenance, disposition and archiving of all records (hard copy and digital) as outlined in the WFP Manual and Directive on Records Retention Policy.
- In conjunction with the Admin. Assistant, Stores Section, ensure the timely issuance of Purchase Orders to provide for adequate and timely supply and stock of stationery for WFP offices.
- In conjunction with the Admin. Assistant, Inventory Section, ensure the efficient management of inventory for WFP KCO which includes identification, inspection, acceptance, classification, labelling, valuation and recording of items in the Global Equipment Management System (GEMS) and ensure that the yearly physical inventory count and updating of the GEMS records are accurately performed and reported by the set deadlines as communicated by HQ.
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions, Goods Receipts Notes and/or Service Entry Sheets for Goods and Services provided on behalf of WFP KCO.
- Monitor the receipt of invoices and general mail by the registry office and ensure invoices are accurately registered in the E-registry, Excel and Invoice Tracking Tool and timely delivery to the respective units for processing.
- Monitor the contract provision and timely renewals of contracts for suppliers in the unit and ensure that they always have a valid contract with WFP.
- Monitor and evaluate the services provided by the suppliers to ensure that they provide WFP with prompt and efficient services.
Check and verify invoices from supplies, attaching relevant documents to facilitate payment and follow up the payment process to ensure payment for suppliers are processed as outlined in the contract agreement.
- Prepare monthly management reports on the sections major activities.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Skills, Qualification and Education Requirements for Admin Assistant Jobs in Kenya
- Successful completion of secondary school education (KCSE) supplemented by course(s) in Business Administration. University Degree in the field of Business Administration or any related field and professional qualification in the same will be an added advantage.
- At least four years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative work.
- With initiative and judgement produce accurate and well documented records with well analysed data & addresses unforeseen situations seeking advice and guidance from supervisor, as necessary.
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust data discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems with substantial independence.
- Good working knowledge and experience in using computers (MS Word, Excel and other software packages).
- Ability to obtain or give factual information of a non-routine nature involving interpretation of facts and requiring clarity of expression.
- Ability to perform detailed work, frequently, of a confidential nature and/or handle a large volume of work, systematically, effectively and accurately.
- Ability to train other staff regarding relevant work responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate assignments to achieve common goals. Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Proficiency in written and oral English and good spoken Kiswahili.
All qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
How to Apply
- Go to: HERE Step 1 : Create your online CV Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application. Note: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
- If you have any queries relating to this VA please send them to: [email protected]