UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. 027/2016
Position No. 16-0022496
Post Title: Logistics Business Support Assistant
Contract type: Service Contract
Post Grade: SC4
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of issue: 23rd September 2016
Closing Date: 6th October 2016
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme activities include food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, relief and emergency school feeding, while also supporting humanitarian air and logistics services, food security coordination and infrastructure rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics Associate and overall supervision of the Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:-
- Create and maintain Logistics Purchase Orders (POs) in WFP corporate information systems;
- Create and maintain accuracy of Service Entry Sheets (SES) upon confirmation of service delivery;
- Verify invoices and ensure that all supporting documents have been verified and certified;
- Ensure that service provider invoices are forwarded, processed, cleared and payments are made in a timely manner;
- Escalate problems with vendor invoices to ensure prompt action by the appropriate staff or vendor;
- Support reconciliation of data in WFP Corporate information systems to determine validity of invoices, ensure accuracy, and make follow ups accordingly;
- Prepare debit memos to contractors informing them of any losses/damages deducted from their final payments;
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to the preparation of reports as required;
- Ensure proper filing of invoices and maintain a database of the same;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Secondary school education. A Post-secondary certificate related to the functional area is required.
Experience: At least three years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of accounting, transport, insurance, statistics and logistics operations.
Language: Fluency in both written and spoken English is a requirement.
Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing the area of work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
- Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/16-0022496
- Step 1: Create your online CV.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.