Cash Transfer Officers Job at Windle Trust Kenya
Location: 1 in Kakuma and 1 in Dadaab
Contract term: Full-time, 1-year contract with possibility for extension
The Cash Transfer Officer will support and contribute towards the strengthening of the Cash Transfer component by giving technical support to the implementation process through ensuring a realistic project holistic plan and that the project activities are done in the stipulated time frame.
He/She will liaise appropriately with the finance and project teams as well as external technical partners to ensure timely receipt of disbursements to targeted households.
Cash Transfer Officers Job Responsibilities
- Ensure proper selection and verification of project beneficiaries in coordination with the Monitoring and
- Evaluation officers, Cash Transfer Assistants, respective school and community structures and the use of set selection criteria
- Conduct field visits to project sites and meet with community leaders to review targeting and ensure an effective system as per project goals and objectives
- Ensure a realistic project implementation plan and develop project implementation tools.
- Actively engage and support community sensitization activities on selection criteria, cash transfer processes, and feedback mechanism.
- Develop distribution plans for Cash and share with management.
- Maintain clear communication with cash transfer agents and beneficiaries in accordance with KEEP policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with cash transfer partners on the schedule of distributions.
Qualifications for the Cash Transfer Officers Job
- At least three years’ experience managing Cash Transfer Projects.
- Degree in Social Work, Economics, Sociology, Community Work or field relevant to the position
- Demonstrable experience of M&E and community mobilization and beneficiaries’ selection and targeting
- Experience working with Complaints and Response Mechanisms and in relation to Stakeholder Information.
- Experience working with Refugees and pastoralists and ASAL areas.
- Experience in report writing.
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for any of these positions, please send your resumé with a covering letter quoting reference number for the position to [email protected] OR Human Resource Department, Windle Trust Kenya, P O Box 40521-00100 Nairobi.
Letters of application should include detailed CV, daytime telephone contact and current remuneration. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Deadline for applications is Monday, May 15th, 2017.
No telephone calls, please. Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Windle Trust Kenya’s selection processes reflect our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. We work in schools and are committed to safeguarding children from abuse.