Security Officer Job at Windle Trust Kenya
Windle Trust Kenya (WTK), a member of Windle International, is a non-profit organization with a mission to transform society through education and training.
We are working with communities in Dadaab District, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana North, Turkana West, Dadaab Refugee Camps and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
Windle Trust Kenya wishes to recruit officers for the position of a Security Officer based in Dadaab. The security officer will be responsible for ensuring security and safety of WTK personnel and resources in Dadaab. The Security Officer will lead security mainstreaming to promote a positive security culture throughout the organization.
Security Officer Job Qualifications
- University degree or diploma in relevant discipline particularly public administration or security management studies
- At least 2 years’ experience working with NGOs and/or other humanitarian organizations
- Security Management experience with a proven ability to develop and implement effective and contextualized protocols and systems
- Demonstrated teamwork, maturity of judgment, tolerance for hardship and stress, leadership and integrity of character
- Demonstrated experience working in uncertain, insecure and unstable locations
- Must possess a professional and calm demeanour, and a high-level of critical thinking in a rapidly changing, tense security context
- Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of local dialect is an added advantage
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your résumé with a covering letter quoting the reference number to: [email protected] OR
Human Resource Department,
Windle Trust Kenya,
P O Box 40521-00100
or before 7th September, 2017
All application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and this document should clearly bear the applicant’s names.
Windle Trust Kenya’s selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation. We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from