Assistant Credit Manager Job at The Women Enterprise Fund
The Women Enterprise Fund (WEF) is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency established via Government Financial Management Act in 2007, through Legal Notice no.147. and whose core mandate is to provide accessible and affordable credit to support Kenyan women start and/or expand businesses for wealth and employment creation.
HR/No: 6/2017: Assistant Credit Manager – Grade WEF 4 (I Post)
Salary Scale: Ksh.77,527 x 3,877 – 81,404 x 4,070 – 85,474 x 4,274 – 89,748 x 4,487 – 94,235 x 4,712 – 98,947 x 4,947 – 103,894 P.M
Responsibilities for the Assistant Credit Manager Job
An officer at this level will report to the Deputy Manager, Credit, for the day to day credit operations including
- Coordinating and overseeing all aspects of the lending cycle under the existing channels whilst ensuring compliance to the lending criteria before recommending to the Board’s Loans Committee.
- Responsible for Head office Credit Officers including their performance appraisal and developmental needs.
- Ensure compliance with Credit Policies, Product Profiles and set timelines in analysis and approval of credit facilities.
- Effective monitoring of loan repayments and mitigating risks related to defaults
- Preparation of Board Papers for the Board Loans Committee
- Developing, managing and maintaining relations with Financial Intermediary partners, relevant government authorities and other key stakeholders to ensure that these relationships meet the strategic objectives of the Fund.
- Coordinating and ensuring timely reconciliations of loan accounts.
- Adhering to the key principles in relation to fraud prevention and reporting any suspicions and safeguarding records.
- Reviewing credit reports and ensuring they are quality and accurate and promptly submitted to management.
- Participating in development and preparation of departmental budgets, quality board papers and other adhoc reports.
- Monitoring the quality of loan portfolio and following up of loan repayments.
- Liaising with financial intermediary partners including follow-up of loan repayments and reporting.
- Participating and coordinating awareness creation and publicity campaigns.
Requirements for the Assistant Credit Manager Job
For appointment at this level, a candidate must have:-
- Served in a comparable position in a similar organization for at least Six (6) years with least three (3) years in a management role.
- A Masters degree in any of the following:- Economics, Commerce ,Business Administration, Business Management, Finance, Accounts or any other business related subjects is an added advantage
- Shown merit and ability in credit control as reflected in work performance and results
- Report writing skills
- Litigation skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines
How To Apply
Applications clearly marked with the position reference and title and including a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, professional qualifications, testimonials, day time telephone number, names and addresses of three professional referees should be delivered to the Fund by hand, courier or post so as to reach the address below on or before 29th May 2017.
The Chief Executive /Director
Women Enterprise Fund
11th Floor Social Security House Building Block A
P. O. Box 17126 -00100
Shortlisted applicants will be expected to provide details of their current salary and the following documents: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Clearance from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Interested applicants who had previously submitted their applications for the above positions should re-apply.
Women Enterprise Fund is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.