Deputy Manager IT Job at the Women Enterprise Fund
The Women Enterprise Fund (WEF) is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency established via Government Financial Management Act in 2007, through Legal Notice no.147. and whose core mandate is to provide accessible and affordable credit to support Kenyan women start and/or expand businesses for wealth and employment creation.
HR/No: 5/2017: Deputy Manager, Information Communication Technology Grade WEF 3 (1 Post)
Salary Scale: Ksh.89,748 x 4,487 – 94,235 x 4,712 – 98,947 x 4,947 – 103,894 x 5,195 – 109,089 x
5,454 – 114,543 x 5,727 – 120,270 p.m.
Responsibilities for the Deputy Manager IT Job
An Officer at this level is responsible to Chief Executive Officer for overall process of formulating, implementing and monitoring ICT policies, strategies, standards and programmes in the Fund including;
- Management and coordination of the unit and supervision of ICT staff.
- Supervise and build capacity of ICT staff
- Budgeting & designing work plans for the department.
- Formulate, implement and monitor ICT policies, strategies, standards and programmes in the Fund.
- Facilitate approval of ICT standards for application
- Reviewing and evaluating feasibility studies and reports for implementation
- Providing assistance in the development of ICT strategic plans
- Keep up to date with emerging information, communication, innovative and technological trends
- Formulate, implement, maintain and enhance ICT systems.
- Safeguard the integrity of the organization’s data.
- Manage usage of ICT resources to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Train users in IT systems.
- Manage suppliers of ICT products.
Requirements for the Deputy Manager IT Job
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Served in the Information Communication Technology sector for at least Six (6) years; with at least three (3) years in a managerial position
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or any other business related discipline will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated experience with standard software, Email, ERP systems, Backup , Web design and development as well as exposure to Windows Server Operating System
- Prior exposure to database management systems e.g. SQL server as well as exposure to IP telephony systems
How To Apply
Applications clearly marked with the position reference and title and including a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, professional qualifications, testimonials, day time telephone number, names and addresses of three professional referees should be delivered to the Fund by hand, courier or post so as to reach the address below on or before 29th May 2017.
The Chief Executive /Director
Women Enterprise Fund
11th Floor Social Security House Building Block A
P. O. Box 17126 -00100
Shortlisted applicants will be expected to provide details of their current salary and the following documents: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Clearance from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Interested applicants who had previously submitted their applications for the above positions should re-apply.
Women Enterprise Fund is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.