Credit Manager Job at the Women Enterprise Fund
The Women Enterprise Fund (WEF) is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency established via Government Financial Management Act in 2007, through Legal Notice no.147. and whose core mandate is to provide accessible and affordable credit to support Kenyan women start and/or expand businesses for wealth and employment creation.
Grade WEF 2 (1 Post)
Salary Scale: Ksh.109, 089 x 5,454 – 114,543 x 5,727 – 120,270 x 5,902 – 126,172 x 6,077 132,249 x 6,252 – 138,501 x 6,427 – 144,928 PM
Responsibilities for the Credit Manager Job
The Officer will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for overall credit cycle management including;
- Formulation and implementation of lending policies, procedures and practices.
- Coordination of all activities in relation to lending.
- Development and review of evaluation criteria of lending proposals/.
- Oversee processing, appraising and recommendation of loan applications.
- Growth of Quality loan book; ensure recovery of overdue loans.
- Prepare timely reports on the performance of the loan book.
Customer & stakeholder relationship management
- Development and review of screening criteria of projects to be funded.
- Offer financial advisory services to beneficiaries;
- Staff management including ensuring target setting, performance evaluation, mentoring, training and development of staff in the department
Requirements for the Credit Manager Job
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in Credit or Lending function for at least 10 years with at least four (4) being in a managerial position.
- A Master’s degree majoring in Finance ,Operations Management , Entrepreneurship, Accounting or Strategic Management or other relevant areas.
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body in good standing
- Demonstrated outstanding capability in financial risk management
Qualifications for the Credit Manager Job
- Integrity, transparency and accountability
- Leadership & decision making skills
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines
- Good understanding of human resources practices and procedures.
- Good understandings of computerized information systems for credit/lending management.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How To Apply
Applications clearly marked with the position reference and title and including a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, professional qualifications, testimonials, day time telephone number, names and addresses of three professional referees should be delivered to the Fund by hand, courier or post so as to reach the address below on or before 29th May 2017.
The Chief Executive /Director
Women Enterprise Fund
11th Floor Social Security House Building Block A
P. O. Box 17126 -00100
Shortlisted applicants will be expected to provide details of their current salary and the following documents: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Clearance from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Interested applicants who had previously submitted their applications for the above positions should re-apply.
Women Enterprise Fund is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.