World Agroforestry Centre NGO Administration Officer Job (Operations)
World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF)
Job Vacancy: Administration Officer – Operations
About our organization: The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is a non-profit global research organization that generates science-based knowledge about the diverse and important roles that trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods.
The Centre’s vision is rural transformation in the developing world, as family farmers use tree-based solutions based in agroforestry to improve food security, nutrition, income, soil, human and ecosystem health, and to help them adapt to and mitigate climate change.
With their multidisciplinary research and the knowledge they generate, ICRAF and its partners advance policies and practices that benefit the poor and the environment.
The Centre’s headquarters are in Nairobi, Kenya, and it conducts research in more than 30 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. ICRAF is a member of the Consortium of 15 independent agricultural research centres of CGIAR.
To learn more, please visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
The Position: The Administration Officer- Operations will Coordinate the units diary of works and management of outsourced service providers SLA’s
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrange and coordinate the Units’ diary of works including organizing service provider’s monthly meetings.
- Receiving and coordinating all the Units Procurement needs which includes follow-up with the Procurement Unit and
- Financial Service Unit (FSU) to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Assisting the Head of Operations in developing, implementing and Monitoring the Units Annual Program of Work and Budget including chargebacks for all services provided by the Unit.
- In consultation with the other administrators, work closely with FSU to ensure timely chargebacks and client invoicing.
- Being the Centre’s focal point for all insurance related matters which include management of institutional and staff motor insurance schemes and procurement of insurance covers for institutional assets at HQ and the regions, following up on the payment for all approved invoices for insurance debits, and securing credits. And in consultation with the insurance service provider initiate the quarterly service review meetings.
- Work closely with the procurement Unit, institutions collaborating with ICRAF and others in the search for service providers, specifically those directly related to the Operations Unit.
- Assist the Head of Operations in the management of outsourced service contracts including Service Level Agreements related to: Mail and Front Office, Taxi and Staff Group Transport, Project vehicles and Catering.
- Manage the day to day operations of the ICRAF group transport by working with bus monitors and service provider to ensure compliance to the agreed upon Service Level Agreements.
- As a member of the Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) committee, work together with the Security Manager, Assistant Operations Manager (Facilities), the Head of Operations and other units in identifying and addressing OH&S issues.
Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Required Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- A degree in Business administration or related field
- Excellent computer knowledge of Microsoft office
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and organize workload
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Excellent project management skills
- Customer service oriented
- Strong negotiation skills
Terms of offer: We offer a collegial, diverse and gender-sensitive working environment, and we encourage applications from qualified women. This position is remunerated on Local Terms.
The appointment will be for an initial period of three (3) years, subject to a six (6) months’ probation period.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online by completing the application form and attaching your cover letter and CV/Resume (as one document – labelled with your First Name and Last Name).
Applications will be considered until 03 October 2017.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.